Sunday, January 24, 2010

2009-2010 NFL Conference Champion Game Predictions

So far my playoff predictions have been right down the middle. I am 4-4 and exactly at .500. But to add to it, I have been 4-0 on Saturday games and 0-4 on Sunday games. The problem here would be both games are on Sunday, but that's okay I will look at it as I am 2-0 in each weekend's first 2 games. So let's see if I could pull ahead and guarentee myself over .500 for good even with the Super Bowl still ahead.

Indianapolis Colts over NY Jets - 20-19
So far I have picked the Jets once and against them once, so there is no jinxing here by me, its just pick as I feel. And I feel that the Colts will win on a Matt Stover, yes their feild goal kicker. Now if you have watched the 2 Jets games so far, they have been able to win games due to the opposing kickers mishaps. Against the Bengals, Cincy's kicker Shayne Graham missed 2 huge field goals, that pretty much ended any chance they had of a late comeback. Then against the Chargers, the all time leader in field goal percentage Nate Kaeding decided it was his turn to choke, missing 3 total field goals and 2 late in the game, again ending their shot at a late run. So I believe here today we will see the Jets defense stifle Peyton Manning, which wouldn't be that suprising due to Manning's rocky past in the playoffs. And I also believe we will see the Jets have a lead late in the 4th quarter, but a quick no huddle offense by Manning and a few key passes late will set Matt Stover up for a game winning kick, in which he will make and break Jets fans hearts, because they have been so used to kickers missing for them. Final score Colts 20 - Jets 19.

New Orleans Saints over Minnesota Vikings - 34 - 17
Well, last week i was absolutley bum rushed by the Vikings manhandling of my Dallas Cowboys. The reason why is because i listened and watched 100 different shows and predictions about that game, and not 1 person said anything about the Vikings pass rush other than the Jared Allen vs Flozell Adams matchup. Nobody mentioned Ray Edwards name, and look what he did. Not too many people talked about the Vikings pass rush and look what they did to the stout offensive line in Dallas. The key though is that NOBODY seemed to think the Vikings playing at home in the dome would have any advantage. Well boy were they all (including me) dead wrong! That team just knows how to get off the line and jump the snap so much better at home than any team I have seen in a long time. Problem for them is, they are playing in New Orleans, where Minnesota has struggled on the road this year. Their now 9-0 home record will not help them at all, even though this game is in a dome, it will be too loud and we all saw how a hot Kurt Warner wasn't able to handle it. The Saints will jump out to an early lead, Favre will have a few Td's in comeback mode but it will be too little too late, Reggie Bush will have another huge game running outside the tackles and the Saints will be in their first Super Bowl ever.

No comments:

Blog Archive